Family vacations can be expensive, but there are plenty of free Las Vegas attractions that are interesting and exciting, and will provide hours of fun for people of every age. When traveling as a family, it is often challenging to find activities that everyone will enjoy, but Las Vegas offers a variety of options that will fascinate the children while also entertaining the adults. And, with so many free family-friendly events, you can have a great holiday without spending a lot of money.
- MGM Grand Lion Habitat. Watch these Kings of the jungle as they rest and play in their multi-level, glass sided habitat complete with waterfalls, ponds, and a see through walkway tunnel that allows for close viewing as these magnificent cats stroll and prowl overhead. The lions do not stay in their simulated jungle, but live on an 8.5 acre ranch with different groups being brought in each day, so you can visit this free attraction more than once and see something new each time. For an extra fee, you can even have your picture taken with lion cubs as a memorable souvenir.
- M&Ms World. Candy lovers will enjoy the four floors of confectionery heaven featuring every type of M&M merchandise imaginable. https://theroverpost.com/las-vegas-for-the-whole-family/ Walk through this fun and colorful store, sample tasty treats, and see how the legendary M&M characters have changed through the years. Purchase some unique souvenirs and admire a replica of the M&Ms race care driven in the NASCAR Sprint cup series. This attraction is a must see whether you are a kid, or a kid at heart.
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory and Cactus Garden. Continue your tour of the wonderful world of chocolate by visiting this amazing factory. Watch through large windows as fine chocolates are prepared, cooked, coated, wrapped, and packaged and listen on video monitors as the entire process is explained. End your tour with some tasty free samples, and then visit the gift shoppe to buy some more of your favorite choices that you can enjoy while wandering through the extensive 3-acre cactus gardens.
- Aquarium at the Silverton Hotel. The entire family will enjoy a visit to one of the world’s largest indoor aquariums. This 117,000 gallon tank features 4,000 tropical fish including stingrays, sharks, and other fascinating sea life that will captivate both young and old. Watch the fish play as women dressed as mermaids swim around the tank, or take part in the interactive feedings while marine biologists wearing communication masks talk to guests and answer questions.
- Wildlife Habitat at the Flamingo Hotel. With its winding pathways, footbridges, waterfalls, and lush gardens, this habitat is a welcome oasis in the craziness and busyness of Las Vegas. Learn interesting facts and view a variety of birds as they wander freely in a natural setting. Kids will enjoy spending a little time trying to spot the black swans, turtles, parrots, koi, and sometimes even penquins or other exotic birds on loan from zoos, and adults will savor the peaceful, relaxing atmosphere that provides a change of pace from the neon lights and city noise.